Anthracite Coal Fact Sheet
- Sold in bulk or in 40lb bags
- Reliable heat source at a competitive price
- 1 Ton Coal= ~25,000,000 BTU
- To achieve the same BTU content with other fuels:
- ~180.5 gallons heating oil
- ~24,224.8 cubic feet of natural gas
- ~273.7 gallons of propane
- ~1.6 ton of wood pellets
- Lehigh Anthracite’s Coal is mined, processed, and tested for quality and accurate sizing daily on site.
- Ultra-low volatile content, low ash content, and low sulfur content contribute to a high carbon content. High carbon anthracite coal provides a long, hot burn.
- No smoke and very little emissions
BTU Data for other heat sources calculated from information obtained from: